Great moving tips
- Label each box for the destination room.
- Pack one room at a time.
- The heavier the items the smaller the box.
- Boxes must be taped rather than interlocking the ends together.
- Pack and TAKE WITH YOU any high-valuable items such as jewelry and heirlooms.
- Wrap each fragile item separately with newsprint, bubble wrap, sheets, towels, or blankets.
- Fill any empty spaces in the boxes to avoid movement of the items in the boxes.
- Pack plates and glass objects in the manner that they are intended to sit normally.
- Stemware should also be wrapped individually and then placed in the box with the glass sitting on its base.
- Place all elements of your computer and put into boxes. Use a blanket or other packing materials on the bottom of the box for padding.
- Clothing and other items should be removed from dresser drawers and packed separately.
- Your hanging items in your closets can be left for the movers to put into wardrobe boxes.
- Please have your refrigerator, stove, washer and dryer disconnected prior to the arrival of the movers.
- We come prepared to disassemble and reassemble beds and mirrors on dressers and such.
- Please make sure the Flat Screen T.V.’s are disconnected and unmounted.
Please call us with any questions that you might have as you are packing.
Below is a list of items that may not be transported on our moving trucks.
Hazardous materials such as explosives, compressed gases, flammable liquids and solids, oxidizers, poisons, corrosives and radioactive materials are not allowed onto the trucks for transport. The list below covers many items that cannot be transported, with the last several being specific to interstate (crossing state lines) moves.
- Nail polish remover
- Paint and paint thinners
- Lighter fluid
- Oxygen bottles
- Propane tanks/cylinders
- Automotive repair and maintenance chemicals
- Radioactive pharmaceuticals
- Firearms (applies to interstate moves)
- Ammunition (applies to interstate moves)
- Live plants (applies to interstate moves)
- Perishable foods (applies to interstate moves)